Working Towards Better Outcomes Together
Autism Canada is proud to introduce this essential safety training for First Responders and the ASD community. Join Shanyn Silinksi, Search and Rescue for Autism program manager and trainer, for a day of innovation and learning. Mrs. Silinski is a former volunteer fire captain and training officer.
for Families & Caregivers and Emergency Responders & Search and Rescue teams
- Why SARA?
- Learn about prevention tools including social stories
- What is Lost?
- Wandering & Bolting: Description and prevention strategies and tools for parents & caregivers
- How to access tools
for Emergency Responders & Search and Rescue teams
- First of it’s kind Technical Training for Search and Rescue
- First of its kind technical training tip cards
- Scenario based training
- Created and validated with Canadian first responders
- Prevention tools, Social Stories and response tools
- Training videos, Quick Response Guides and Tip cards